Basic Manners Class – We offer two Basic Manners classes that run one after another. Basic Manners (A) with a focus on loose leash walking and Basic Manners (B) with a focus on recall. We recommend you take which ever class is offered next, then after your 5 week class is over take the next Basic Manners Class. We have found that taking both 5 week classes is helpful to most people. Both classes teach sit, down and other basic obedience and both have a playtime but they differ in a few behaviors and each focuses on the very important behaviors of loose leash walking or Recall (come).
In Basic Manners Class you and your dog will learn basic obedience behaviors like, sit, down, place, loose leash walking or recall, etc. We also focus on problems behaviors like jumping and barking. We do a talk at the end of each class on things like chew toys, exercise, barking, etc.
- Dogs must be non-aggressive or reactive. If you aren’t sure if your dog if too aggressive, reactive or fearful for class. We recommend a 1-2hr session at the Beckmans facility to assess and start to train your dog. Joel will have recommendation after the session about whether class is best for your dog.
- Dogs must be 6 months old
- All dogs must have at least 2 rounds of: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus otherwise known as: (DHLPP) or (DHPP). Also needed is one round of Bordetella (kennel cough) and Rabies vaccine
- 5 one hour classes over 5 weeks
- Large dogs or heavy pullers must have Easy Walk Harness or Gentle Leader head halter